Protein Pina Coladas
So these don’t have any rum…but I won’t tell if you add some ;). Protein packed, and of course feel free to add a protein that works for you. Cheers!
- Prep Time: 5
- Total Time: 5
- Yield: 1, 20 fl oz smoothie
- 1 cup frozen pineapple
- 1/3 cup coconut milk (full fat, canned version)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 slices avocado (about 1/2″ thick)
- 1 scoop protein powder (I like Naked Whey Protein Powder if I’m doing dairy)
- 1/4 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract
- 16 oz cold coconut water
Use at least 1 or 2 frozen items, such as frozen pineapple of make ice cube trays of coconut milk and freeze them for best results. Alternately, add a few ice cubes but realize it will ‘water’ down the flavors a bit. Still delish.
In a high-speed blender, combine all ingredients and blend VERY well until smooth. Put a mini umbrella in it and enjoy.