Making nutritious delicious
Life is messy, kids are picky, schedules are hectic, and diets don’t work.
Our mission is to improve your health and well-being through amazing nutrition, decreased stress, and the deep-rooted goodness of a homecooked dinner with those you love.
You are what you eat
We are freaks for quality food, and uber-picky about what goes into Kate’s Plate. You are what you eat – so don’t be fake.
What you get
- A focus on your local area's vendors
- Follow 'dirty dozen & clean fifteen' for produce
- Organic or grass-fed quality meats
- Oils: coconut, avocado, extra virgin olive & flax
- Local, raw honey
- Pink Himalayan sea salt & Kosher salt
What you skip
- BHA, BHT or Nitrate perservatives
- Bleached or bromated flours
- Aluminum baking products
- Corn syrup and artificial sweeteners
- Artificial colors including caramel coloring
- Hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated oils
A few of our area's vendors
Dorothy Lane Market
Hungry Toad Farm
Zink's Fine Meats
Hey, I'm Kate
I’m SO glad you’re here. I’ve witnessed true transformations in folks once they clean up their eating as well as relaxed with their ‘food rules.’ You too can have that clarity and freedom.
Here’s the scoop: During medical school, I was disappointed with the fact that prevention is not the main focus of today’s medical practice. I left medicine and traveled parts of the world with my husband who played pro baseball. During those years, I took up personal training as a way to practice my own ‘preventative medicine.’ I was getting clients off all their medications, reversing blood pressures, and preventing surgeries altogether.
It was great…but turns out, what clients needed most was help determining how to eat and someone empowering them to have a better relationship with food. And so, Kate’s Plate was born, enjoy!
Great people behind great food
Everyone has a story. Our team honors being real, authentic, and honest. We believe that food tastes better when made with love and laughter.