KP Peanut Butter Protein Bites
The perfect snack to shove in your face when the ‘hangry’ monster shows up. Sweet, soft, delightful little gems. Makes a quick breakfast in a pinch and a great afterschool snack for the kiddos to take the edge off before dinner.
Make a double (or triple) batch and freeze, you’ll be glad you did…super easy to make and fun to customize!
- Prep Time: 20
- Total Time: 20
- Yield: 24, 1" Balls
- 2 cups Oatmeal
- 1 cup Ground golden flaxseed (the golden variety is lighter in flavor than the brown).
- 1.5 tsp cinnamon (we like Penzy’s cinnamon…mmm)
- 1 cup Sunflower seeds – raw, or roasted
- 3/4 cup Protein Powder – this is where quality really matters! We use a grass-fed, PLAIN whey protein called Naked Whey.
- 2 cups Natural Peanut Butter (yes, the kind you have to stir)
- 1 1/2 cup raw, local honey (White Mountain Honey Farm)
Combine oats, flax, sunflower seeds, protein powder, and cinnamon in a large bowl. Mix ingredients for even distribution.
Add honey and natural peanut butter on top and stir well. It will be thick and sticky – but mix well, using hands if needed.
If forming balls: Cover dough and refrigerate for 1 hour. Then roll into 1″ balls. Freeze for best results.
If forming bites: Line a roasting sheet with parchment, press dough into pan and flatten the top, freeze for 4 hours. Then, remove dough from pan and cut with a sharp knife into 1/2″ squares. Freeze for best results.