Parsley Pear Detox Smoothie
Parsley is one heck of a detox agent, but how do you use it in large enough quantities? Blend it! This is a delightful, refreshing, and ‘clean-feeling’ smoothie that just works. It’s a staple in our house, especially when spring rolls around and you need to clear the crud from your system from the winter. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 5
- Total Time: 5
- Yield: 1, 20 fl oz smoothie
- 4-5 slices ripe pear with skin
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 slices avocado
- a handful of fresh flat leaf Italian parsley, rip from stems but it’s ok if some are included
- 1 tablespoon (or less if pears are sweet enough) local, raw honey
- 1 oz fresh baby spinach leaves
- 16 oz cold water
These taste best when some ingredients have been previously frozen. Alternately, add an ice cube or two. In a high-speed blender, combine all ingredients and blend VERY well. Enjoy!